The Power of Writing it Down

I love to plan and I love anything that has to do with visions, dreams and goals. Who shouldn't? That's the only way to get ahead. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" (Bible quote).
Last year, my goal was to attain the second level of sales volume in my business. I wrote it down and after reviewing the goal a few weeks later, I knew I was going to achieve it easily. I reviewed the prizes associated with the next level of sales volume achievement and I quickly determined that was the goal I wanted to achieve-$38,000 in sales (while working full time with everything else a mother has to do). I asked myself how on earth was I going to achieve that...well I took my pencil and my planner and I wrote it down and started putting a plan in place of how I was going to achieve it. Well I made it. How? I wrote it down, I looked at it every week, I planned more and ideas started rolling in. Also, there was an added bonus from the company to give everyone a boost and get to their goals faster. If I didn't have a plan, I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of the added bonus. Having your plan in place also makes you ready for opportunities that come your way.
Would you dare to dream and write it down? What would you like to accomplish, where would you like to be? Write it down and put a plan in place. You may not realize the full dream but you may achieve some of it and the process of getting there will be worth it.
"Reach for the moon because if you don't make it you'll land among the star"
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment