The Boxy Top and my Favorite Flares

Happy Monday everyone. It was a busy end of the week/weekend for me. I was just in California and didn't have time to blog.  Again I'm thankful for safe travels, pilots and all the nice people I meet on the plane and at the airport. There are a lot if nice and lovely people in this world.
I opened up and shared my blog with a few more friends this past week and the response has been really encouraging especially with the posts about dressing my shape. Apparently, a lot of us find it challenging dressing our body types or keep away from some outfits because we are not sure they could be worn because of one problem area or the other. A friend at church on Sunday was wearing a really nice dress which she said she bought as a result of reading one of my posts. It was a dress she would never have tried on or bought. The dress fit her so nicely and flattered her shape and hid what needed to be hidden. So I hope I will have time to keep this up and inspire you.
Today, we'll be talking about boxy tops. I've started buying boxy tops as an alternative to tees and wearing them on days I feel bloated and can't hide that muffin top when wearing a tee. The day I wore this, I started out with a tee shirt but changed to this top instead. Boxy tops, although shapeless help to hide a big mid section. Here, it was a trade off between a little shapelessness and hiding that tummy. If you have bigger hips, this would be perfect because the outfit would be more balanced. They are also great for layering and tucking in into pencil skirts.

pendant necklace, long

Avob leather bag, The Limited jeans for apple shape

Sandals to wear with flare jeans

Top - Tommy Hilfiger via Macy's, (sleeveless option) (Love this) (more options)
Jeans - The Limited (slimmer)
Wedges - Piperlime (similar) (option)
Necklace - Avon (mark)
 Handbag - Avon (sold out)

Enter to win a $25 TJ Maxx Gift Card and Avon Makeup Bundle at 


icon

9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you inspired someone from reading your blog. This top and jeans look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you inspired your friend to try a different piece of clothing! Such a cute print on that top!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you and your blog, inspiring other women to try new things! Love this top, and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Like the pairing of that boxy top with flaired jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this look a lot! Very cute! Great color combo with the jeans/top and the top shape works well with the flared jeans! Cute!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great for inspiring others to see the joy in dressing their body type. Love the top and jeans, its a good combination. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that you have inspired your friends! And this looks awesome on you! I think you balanced it so nicely with the wider legged trouser jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best story of the week. So nice to know that you've made a positive difference in the life of a friend! Good for you and good for her.
    I'm learning to like boxy tops as well, and I'm particularly fond of light weight, silky solids or prints that will work well with a little half or side-tuck. Glad you're enjoying yours, 'cause you look so pretty in it.
    Great with jeans, and those so cute sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very encouraging that you inspired a friend. Such a blessing to be a blessing. Your outfit looks good on you. THe top is a pretty print.

    ReplyDelete