Happy Friday and Happy love day! Here are five things that got me smiling, thinking and growing this week.
1. I'm still reading this book How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life (I should be done by now) and I love the thoughts on creativity. I've never seen myself as a creative thinker and never thought I could learn to be creative. I thought people were just born to be creative. There are so many points which warrant a seperate post but here are a few phrases listed that kill creative thinking: I'm not a creative person, Follow the rules, Don't ask questions, Be practical, We've never done it this way before, It didn't work for them, We don't have time, We don't have the money etc. How many ideas have you killed because of these phrases?
"A new idea is delicate, it can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a quip and worried to death by a frown. Negative environments kill thousands of great ideas every minute"
2. Whenever I take a break at work to work on Avon or this blog, I keep telling myself: "I wish I could do this all day" and then I found this quote on Instagram this week. This is one sure way to determine what you need to be doing.
3. I just discovered Instaquote this week. I've always wondered where all the beautiful and graphic quotes that I see on Facebook came from. Here's one I created on true love. This was how I made sure that I loved my husband (and not just lusting after him) before marrying him. The bible has everything you need for life doesn't it?
4. Here is a screen shot of tweets this week from my other Twitter account. Building the Growth Studio slowly but surely.
5. Also in honor of Valentine's day, enjoy this video. How come I never heard of this guy before?