Houndstooth with a Pop of Red

This outfit did not start out this way. That infact is a dress. I had worn the top under the dress and without the belt and it did not flatter my inverted triangle shape at all. I revamped the outfit mid day to balance my shape better and viola!
Top - Macys, Dress- Macy's, Belt  - Target, Boots - Nine West

The dress by itself  does not flatter my body type but fits the model perfectly. I ordered it online (I do most of my shopping online so it's always hit or miss on fit for me) and  I had altered it by taking in the waist and bottom half and was ready to give it away when it still wasn't working for me. Now, I think it's a keeper as long as I find ways to make it work. There may be outfits in your closet that you never wear because they don't work by themselves Adding a belt, a cardigan or wearing it a different way could give new life to the outfit. Check out my good blogger friend Audrey's post on making outfits work (Hope I can call you that Audrey).


1 comment:

  1. I love this dress, the houndstooth dress looks great and layered under a sweater? Love the look! Forever 21 is a great place to shop no matter the age! Honestly they have staples like 100% cotton shirts and the jewelry is always a great compliment to any outfit! You are not too old in the slightest bit. Thank you for stopping by, I'm following your blog and look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete