Layering Done Right

I wrote about the versatile mustard cardigan and wore this same cardigan and pants here. After looking at the picture, I realize I was wrong with the layering.  In my rush to get out of the house, I always wear a black tank under a cardigan. I never know what to wear as my base. Now, I think I know better. With my body shape, it's better to have a base that is not clingy. Lesson learnt!


Cardi - Target, (similar here)Shell Top - Tommy Hilfiger via Macy;s, Skinny Jeans - Target, Sandals - Via TJ Maxx,
Necklace - Avon





Don't be afraid, like me to invest in shells even though you know you will be layering it with a cardigan and they might be a little pricy. They go a long way in transforming and making your outfit work. The many colors on this shell makes it more versartile. I see myself wearing this many times.

Last Day to Enter my Giveaway Here. Win a Green Clutch/ipad Case



10 comments:

  1. This is a great look! Loving the mustard cardi and burgundy pants. This is the perfect fall outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! You look great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit, am seeing the mustard color everywhere and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit!! I love the mustard cardigan. New Follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combination and these colors on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute!!

    following your blog now! would love for you to follow back!

    http://somuchfashionsolittlespace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look cute! I love the colors in this outfit, perfect for fall!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that color combo! Thanks so much for linking up to Monday Mingle last week...I hope you were able to join us this week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the combo of burgundy and mustard, so apt for fall!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this cardi! Great color on you! I'm so terrible at layering. Your outfits are super cute! Thanks for the style inspiration!:)

    ReplyDelete