Back to Basics:Essentials for your Summer Wardrobe
Many times we go shopping and forget to focus on basics in order to have a workable wardrobe. How many times do you look in your closet and tell yourself you have nothing to wear? I only started focusing on basics a few years ago. When you stock up on basics, you will always have something to wear and stretch your wardrobe for unlimited mixing and matching options.
I can actually create several outfits with these basics. Next time I'm going on a non business related trip, I might refer back to this and pack similar items to create different outfits.
1. Slip on Sneakers: These slip on sneakers are popular this season. They are great to wear with shorts and cuffed jeans and more importantly, they are comfortable. I see myself wearing this every weekend in place of my flats.
2. Open Front Cardigan - This is great for chilly days and nights, layered over a tee or tank to add dimension to your outfit or balance your shape.
3. Maxi Skirt - Maxi skirts are comfortable and a change up from wearing pants. Wear with a knotted tee shirt layered with a jean jacket, or chambray top
4. White tee - The white tee is very versatile and can be worn alone or layered under a jean jacket, cardigan, or vest. It will also work great with colored pants and will pair well with a printed scarf or statement necklace.
5. Bermuda Shorts - Shorts are great for the hotter days of summer and for play. I actually bought the pair shown in February because last summer, I looked high and low for bermuda shorts and couldn't find any.
6. Comfortable Jeans - Everyone needs a pair or two of comfortable jeans. This pair looks comfortable yet stylish.
7. Striped tee - Need I say more...everyone loves stripes. Wear with colored bottoms or tucked into a circle skirt.