I Hired a Cleaning Lady: Tip for Success

 
Growing your business while outsourcing lesser jobs
I mentioned on Twitter last year in a conversation that one of the things I was going to do in 2014 is source out cleaning. Well I did find a cleaning lady and twice already this year I've used her service. I did this because I have so much on my plate. If you follow this blog, you will see everything I involve myself with. I decided to source out cleaning so I can have more time to do other things. The first day she came, I actually spent time cleaning along with her. The second time, I spent the entire time she was cleaning working on creating a brochure for my business (time well spent).
Some may frown on this but if you are about something and going somewhere, you gotta do what you gotta do. I have so much I want to do but I still want a clean house while pursuing my goals.

I went to an Avon seminar late last year and one of the tips given was that you should put a dollar amount on the work you do, say $25 per hr or $100 per hr or whatever. Do you want to pay $50 an hr for cleaning? Spend that hour doing work on your business and pay $20/hr ( a lesser amount) to someone else to do the cleaning, stamp letters, answer the phones and so on. I thought I didn't have the money to pay someone else to do stuff for me but I then remembered how much I spend on shoes and clothes and eating out. I wrote a note to self: Stop buying all these stuff and move your business forward.

Sometimes as women, we use our kids and the work we have to do at home as an excuse to not go for what we really want. I've missed out on so many opportunities, even quality time with my husband because of this. So that's what I'm doing. I have big dreams for this year and it's going to require taking some non conventional steps.... so next stop: hire an assistant!

And this is so true. Anyone else do this? I remember trying to rush home from work so that I could tidy things up before the cleaning lady got to my house.


Check back on Monday to link up how you remix a clothing item or accessory. I will be co-hosting Mix it Monday with Fizz and Frosting

Have a lovely weekend!
 
FACEBOOK |TWITTER |BLOGLOVIN |PINTEREST |AVON

9 comments:

  1. Very cool Kemi! My hubby and I have thought of it but still debating! With all that we have going on, I know it would be money well spent! Thanks for sharing!
    -Natasha @ Lovely You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say go for it especially since your husband is on board. Even if you spend that extra time doing nothing and resting, it will be worth it.

      Delete
  2. Yep, we did it for the same reasons you did. There are a limited number of hours in a day and we wanted to make sure we were devoting those to the things that mattered the most. So while it was an expense, we thought about it the same way you did and we're very happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delegate what you can, so you can so you can have time for those things that can't be delegated. Like quality time with your husband and kids. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a cleaning lady! We had one growing up, it was so helpful to my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right on girl! If it's more financially beneficially for you to hire a lady to clean your house instead of wasting the precious time you can spend making money, then why not?
    And I'm such a control freak that I don't know if I trust anyone to clean 'good enough'. and I will probably be tiding things up before she arrives hahaha Then I will probably need to get outta the house to stop micro managing every step of the way

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work! That is quite appreciated. I hope you’ll get more success.http://thesteammop.club

    ReplyDelete